Originally recorded for One Sweet Christmas, a virtual cake and cookie decorating event in 2020, this one-hour+ pre-recorded class shows you every step needed to make a showstopping 3-D Christmas ornament cookie just like Julia’s masterpieces displayed here.
Once you’ve purchased, you’ll automatically receive a receipt with a link to a downloadable handout, including two recipes, sources, and extensive technique tips. Then, simply return to this page to view the tutorial as often and for as long as you like. The sneak peek video above will disappear and be replaced with the full-length video. Just remember to log into your account in order to view.
Skill Level: All, but some experience working with royal icing is a plus
Video Format: Pre-recorded class; professionally filmed and edited
Video Length: 1:09:51
What You’ll Learn (9 Techniques):
- Contoured cookies (how to shape and bake hemispheres)
- Molded cookies
- Franken-cookies (cookies altered with reductive or additive methods)
- Dipping (vs. flooding) contoured cookies
- Basic royal icing transfers
- Sprayed metallic treatments
- Sprayed (vs. airbrushed) and stenciled 2-D and 3-D (contoured) cookies
- Piping on contoured cookies, including perfect peak-free dot work
- 3-D sandwiched assembly
What You’ll Receive:
- Forever-access to class video recording on this site
- Detailed 18-page tutorial handout including:
- recipes for gingerbread and royal icing (with consistency adjustments for dipping, line work aka outlining, dot work, gluing, and more)
- cookie and royal icing transfer quantities and dimensions
- supply list with online sources
- extensive technique tips
- inspiration images
- Access to Julia via email or Superpeer for tutorial Q&A (at any time, though please allow 48 hours for a response)
Class Outline (Video Time Stamp):
- Project introduction (0:00 – 3:50)
- Cookie overview (3:50 – 5:45)
- Tools overview (5:45 – 14:08)
- Cutting, shaping, and baking cookies (14:08 – 27:43)
- Dipping, flooding, and/or spraying cookies (27:43 – 38:59)
- Royal icing transfer prep (38:59 – 44:19)
- Stenciling both 2-D and 3-D cookies (44:19 – 54:32)
- Piping details on both 2-D and 3-D cookies (54:32 – 1:00:04)
- Ornament assembly (1:00:04 – 1:08:31)
- Recap and closing remarks (1:08:31 – 1:09:51)
Video Production: Two 5:7 North, November 2020
Purchase Agreement: Julia M. Usher and Julia M. Usher, LLC are the sole copyright owners of all tutorial videos and handouts. In purchasing this material, you acknowledge that you will use it only for the purposes of learning and personal growth. Reproduction, distribution, resale, and/or any other use of these materials for financial gain are strictly prohibited.
Julia’s Return Policy: Due to the online nature of this tutorial, all sales are final.
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.