In this tutorial originally filmed for Watch-Learn-Create Challenge #54 on Cookie Connection, guest Anna Oliinyk of Sunday Cookers demonstrates her signature style for making lifelike cookie bouquets. Her style is characterized by piping on contoured cookies to give flowers extra dimenison, and by combining the same flower type in different stages of blooming. Of course, her color choices and shading methods add a healthy dose of realism too! Anna focuses in this video on the cornflower (which grows abundantly in her native Ukraine) to demonstrate these concepts, though they can be applied more broadly to almost any cookie flower. She also provides tips for assembling beautiful cookie bouquets at the very end.
Once you’ve purchased, you’ll automatically receive a receipt with a link to a downloadable resource list that identifies Anna’s key tools. Then, simply return to this page to view the tutorial as often and for as long as you like. The sneak peek video above will disappear and be replaced with the full-length video. Just remember to log into your account in order to view.
About this Guest: Anna (aka Ganna) Oliinyk is an award-winning cookie decorator originally from Ukraine, now based in San Antonio, Texas, USA. Together with her husband Konstantine, she owns and operates Sunday Cookers. While Anna focuses on designing and decorating cookies, Konstantine handles baking, delivery, content creation, and the couple’s Etsy shop. A proud mother of two, Anna began her baking journey seven years ago, and it quickly evolved into her life’s purpose. Since 2018, she has been sharing her expertise in personal classes and via a vast database of pre-recorded cookie classes in English, Ukrainian, and Russian. From simple cookies to 3-D projects and floral designs, her offering covers it all. Anna is honored to have earned widespread recognition for her skills, both as a gold medalist in the 2022 and 2023 editions of Julia M. Usher’s Cookie Art Competition™ and also as a cookie finalist in the 2023 American Cake Awards.
Notes: Though this challenge initially ran in May 2023, it’s worth repeating that the techniques taught in the video can be applied to cookie bouquets of almost any kind, at any time. To see the cookies that challenge entrants made with these techniques, check out the Challenge #54 recap post on Cookie Connection for inspiration. If you have any questions about this tutorial or Anna’s work, Anna can be found on her site or Instagram. For other guest tutorials originally filmed for Cookie Connection challenges, check out the “MORE LIKE THIS” section below.
Skill Level: All, as Anna explains every aspect of making dimensional cornflowers and assembling piped flower bouquets
Video Format: Recording of live demo by Anna Oliinyk; unedited
Video Length: 1:28:47
What You’ll Learn (~6 Techniques)
- Contoured cookies on sticks
- Icing consistency for piped flowers, with focus on cornflowers
- Piping practices to simulate various stages of blooming
- Airbrush shading
- Painting and dusting, as alternatives to airbrush shading
- Arranging cookie bouquets
What You’ll Receive:
- Forever-access to video recording on this site
- Resource list that identifies Anna’s key tools used in this video
Video Outline (Time Stamp):
- Introduction of guest Anna Oliinyk by host Manu Pezzopane (0:00 – 2:45)
- Overview of Anna’s typical approach to cookie flowers and bouquets (2:46 – 8:13)
- Overview of Anna’s tutorial project (cornflowers in three stages of blooming; 8:14 – 8:54)
- Discussion of contoured cookie shapes (demo begins; 8:55 – 11:59)
- Discussion of royal icing consistencies and colors (12:00 – 17:27)
- Piping full-bloom cornflower (17:28 – 32:16)
- Piping half-bloom cornflower (32:17 – 38:39)
- Piping cornflower bud (38:40 – 41:27)
- Airbrushing cornflowers (41:28 – 48:12)
- Painting and dusting alternatives for those without airbrushes (48:13 – 51:19)
- Piping leaves on half-bloom cornflower (51:20 – 58:32)
- Piping leaves on cornflower bud (58:33 – 1:03:59)
- Piping final icing details on cornflowers (1:04:00 – 1:12:24)
- Airbrushing leaves (1:12:25 – 1:15:24)
- Assembling cookie bouquets (1:15:25 – 1:22:39; demo ends)
- Discussion of Challenge #54 rules and prizes, plus closing remarks (1:22:40 – 1:28:47; you may want to skip this part since the challenge is now closed)
Julia’s Return Policy: Due to the online nature of this tutorial, all sales are final.
Video Production: Anna Oliinyk and host Manu Pezzopane, via ECamm Live. Again, this class is a recording of a live online demo, so production value will vary throughout the video depending on internet conditions at the time. It is also unedited, so there may be brief pauses as the guest gathers tools or cleans between demo steps.
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.