In this 54-minute video, part of Julia’s Kitchen Club and a companion to her Halloween Coffin and Skeleton Dynamic Duos™ stencil sets and cutters, Julia shows how to use this specially designed tool kit to make both 2-D and 3-D coffins that are absolutely spook-tacular! But this video doesn’t just teach how to use Julia’s tools, it also provides invaluable information about airbrushing (both precision-control and shading), stenciling, and 3-D cookie assembly that will serve you well when making countless other projects. And that’s not all! Julia throws in a couple of bonuses: (1) a small expertly stenciled skeleton that fits inside the 3-D project and (2) molded fondant bones, which, once airbrushed, look perfectly creepy arranged on or in the coffins!
Once you’ve purchased, you’ll automatically receive a receipt with a link to a downloadable handout, including two recipes, sources, and extensive technique tips. Then, simply return to this page to view the tutorial as often and for as long as you like. The sneak peek video above will disappear and be replaced with the full-length video. Just remember to log into your account in order to view.
For all of Julia’s companion products used in this video, see the “MORE LIKE THIS” links below or visit the project kit listing on her product partner Confection Couture Stencils’ site.
Skill Level: All, though particularly suited to those with some airbrushing experience
Video Format: Professionally filmed and edited in studio setting
Video Length: 54:15
What You’ll Learn (11 Techniques):
- 2-D cookie dough rolling and cutting, to ensure clean edges and uniform thickness
- 2-D and 3-D cookie prep (i.e., filing, sanding, and use of Dremel tool)
- Sponging, to tint cookie edges
- Cookie design with layered stencils
- Precision-control airbrushing and stenciling, particularly in multicolor stencil designs
- Airbrush shading
- Fondant appliqués, both standard and contoured
- Molded fondant embellishments
- Franken-cookies (i.e., cookies altered with reductive or additive methods)
- 3-D sandwiched assembly
- Fondant wraps, to cover 3-D cookie sides
What You’ll Receive:
- Forever-access to video recording on this site
- Detailed 30-page tutorial handout including:
- recipes for gingerbread and royal icing (with consistency adjustments for gluing and more)
- supply list with online sources
- extensive airbrushing and stenciling technique tips
- other key technique tips related to these projects
- inspiration images, including several designs made with Julia’s Halloween Coffin and Skeleton Dynamic Duos™ stencil sets and cutters
- Access to Julia via email or Superpeer for tutorial Q&A (at any time, though please allow 48 hours for a response)
Class Outline (Video Time Stamp):
- Project introduction (0:00 – 4:06)
- Tool overview (4:07 – 11:57)
- Cookie cutting, prep, and sponging (11:58 – 17:18)
- Precision-control airbrushing/stenciling and shading using just the background set in Julia’s Halloween Coffin and Skeleton Dynamic Duos™ release (17:19 – 24:15)
- Precision-control airbrushing/stenciling and shading using both sets (background and message/frame) in Julia’s Halloween Coffin and Skeleton Dynamic Duos™ release (24:16 – 29:42)
- Bonus fondant decorations (29:43 – 37:22)
- Applying bonus decorations to cookies (37:23 – 40:11)
- Cutting franken-cookies to avoid misshaping (40:12 – 43:21)
- 3-D sandwiched coffin assembly, including an airbrushed/stenciled fondant wrap (43:22 – 51:44)
- Closing remarks and presentation ideas (51:45 – 54:15)
Video Production: Two 5:7 North, August 2022
Purchase Agreement: Julia M. Usher and Julia M. Usher, LLC are the sole copyright owners of all tutorial videos and handouts. In purchasing this material, you acknowledge that you will use it only for the purposes of learning and personal growth. Reproduction, distribution, resale, and/or any other use of these materials for financial gain are strictly prohibited.
Julia’s Return Policy: Due to the online nature of this tutorial, all sales are final.
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.