Why not wow friends and family this holiday season with a “forest” of edible Christmas trees?! In this one-hour-plus video, Julia shows exactly how to make stunning 2-D and 3-D trees using her Scandinavian Christmas Tree Dynamic Duos™ stencil sets and the companion three-piece cutter set, both part of her Kitchen Club Collection. While Julia’s 3-D tree may look complex, it actually relies on a relatively easy pyramid construction (one of the simplest 3-D assembly methods), which can be scaled up or down to include as many pyramids as you like. Short on time? Make 2-D cookie tree favors! Eager to stretch skills and leave guests in awe? Make a multi-tier 3-D tree! The choice is yours, as Julia provides crystal-clear instructions for both projects in this one info-packed video.
Once you’ve purchased, you’ll automatically receive a receipt with a link to a downloadable handout, including two recipes, sources, and extensive technique tips. Then, simply return to this page to view the tutorial as often and for as long as you like. The sneak peek video above will disappear and be replaced with the full-length video. Just remember to log into your account in order to view.
For all of Julia’s companion products used in this video, see the “MORE LIKE THIS” links below or visit the project kit listing on her product partner Confection Couture Stencils’ site.
Skill Level: All, though particularly suited to those with some airbrushing experience
Video Format: Professionally filmed and edited in studio setting
Video Length: 1:13:02
What You’ll Learn (10+ Techniques):
- Cookie design with layered stencils
- Precision-control airbrushing and stenciling
- Airbrush shading
- Fondant appliqués, both standard and contoured
- Franken-cookies (i.e., cookies altered with reductive or additive methods)
- Shaping and baking contoured cookies (i.e., half-cylinders)
- 3-D mitered pyramid assembly
- 3-D cylinder assembly (including contoured and simple sandwiched constructions)
- Fondant trims and wraps
- 3-D multi-tier assembly
What You’ll Receive:
- Forever-access to video recording on this site
- Detailed 31-page tutorial handout including:
- recipes for gingerbread and royal icing (with consistency adjustments for gluing, beadwork, and more)
- supply list with online sources
- extensive airbrushing and stenciling technique tips
- other key technique tips related to these projects
- inspiration images, including several designs made with Julia’s Scandinavian Christmas Tree Dynamic Duos™ stencil sets and cutters
- Access to Julia via email or Superpeer for tutorial Q&A (at any time, though please allow 48 hours for a response)
Class Outline (Video Time Stamp):
- Project introduction (0:00 – 2:30)
- Tool overview (2:31 – 10:27)
- 2-D tree cookie: precision-control airbrushing/stenciling and shading using just the background stencil set in Julia’s Scandinavian Christmas Tree Dynamic Duos™ release, including beadwork borders and fondant appliqués (10:28 – 23:18)
- 2-D tree cookie: precision-control airbrushing/stenciling and shading using both stencil sets (background and message/frame) in Julia’s Scandinavian Christmas Tree Dynamic Duos™ release, plus another fondant appliqué (23:19 – 30:10)
- Final decorating of 2-D tree cookie, including applying appliqués (30:11 – 34:21)
- 3-D tree cookie: cutting/baking franken-cookies and cylinders, mitering triangles for fit along seams, flat-filing cylinders, and airbrushing/stenciling with special template (34:22 – 51:06)
- 3-D tree cookie: pyramid and cylinder assembly and detailing, including fondant trims and wraps (51:07 – 1:09:35)
- 3-D tree cookie: multi-tier assembly (1:09:36 – 1:11:57)
- Another simpler 3-D construction and closing remarks (1:11:58 – 1:13:02)
Video Production: Two 5:7 North, August 2022
Purchase Agreement: Julia M. Usher and Julia M. Usher, LLC are the sole copyright owners of all tutorial videos and handouts. In purchasing this material, you acknowledge that you will use it only for the purposes of learning and personal growth. Reproduction, distribution, resale, and/or any other use of these materials for financial gain are strictly prohibited.
Julia’s Return Policy: Due to the online nature of this tutorial, all sales are final.
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.