Want to learn how to make stunning Christmas stocking cookies, including 3-D ones that can be filled with other goodies? You’re in the right place! These cookies make great edible holiday décor that can be used as party favors or hostess gifts! In this one-hour video, Julia shows how to craft both 2-D and 3-D stockings using her Christmas Stocking three-piece cutter set and the companion Dynamic Duos™ stencil sets, both part of her Kitchen Club Collection. Even if you don’t have all of Julia’s tools, this video will prove invaluable. Julia’s detailed lessons about airbrushing, stenciling, and 3-D assembly are applicable to cookies of so many types.
Once you’ve purchased, you’ll automatically receive a receipt with a link to a downloadable handout, including three recipes, sources, and extensive technique tips. Then, simply return to this page to view the tutorial as often and for as long as you like. The sneak peek video above will disappear and be replaced with the full-length video. Just remember to log into your account in order to view.
For all of Julia’s companion products used in this video, see the “MORE LIKE THIS” links below or visit the project kit listing on her product partner Confection Couture Stencils’ site. The companion products are not included in the price of this tutorial, and can only be purchased on Julia’s partner’s site.
Skill Level: All, though particularly suited to those with some airbrushing experience
Video Format: Professionally filmed and edited in studio setting
Video Length: 58:58
What You’ll Learn (12 Techniques):
- 2-D cookie dough rolling and cutting, to ensure clean edges and uniform thickness
- 2-D and 3-D cookie prep (i.e., filing, sanding, and use of Dremel tool)
- Sponging, to tint cookie edges
- Cookie design with layered stencils
- Precision-control airbrushing and stenciling, particularly in multicolor stencil designs
- Airbrush shading
- Fondant appliqués, both standard and contoured
- Molded fondant buttons
- Basic royal icing transfers
- Franken-cookies (i.e., cookies altered with reductive or additive methods)
- 3-D sandwiched assembly
- Fondant (or modeling chocolate) ribbons
What You’ll Receive:
- Forever-access to video recording on this site
- Detailed 38-page tutorial handout including:
- recipes for gingerbread, royal icing (with consistency adjustments for gluing, beadwork, and more), and modeling chocolate
- supply list with online sources
- extensive airbrushing and stenciling technique tips
- other key technique tips related to these projects
- inspiration images, including several designs made with Julia’s Christmas Stocking Dynamic Duos™ stencil sets and cutters
- Access to Julia via email or Superpeer for tutorial Q&A (at any time, though please allow 48 hours for a response)
Class Outline (Video Time Stamp):
- Project introduction (0:00 – 3:23)
- Tool overview (3:24 – 11:28)
- Cookie cutting, prep, and sponging (11:29 – 15:47)
- Precision-control airbrushing/stenciling and shading using just the background stencil set in Julia’s Christmas Stocking Dynamic Duos™ release (15:48 – 26:43)
- Other background set-only style variations (26:44 – 30:06)
- Precision-control airbrushing/stenciling and shading using both stencil sets (background and message/frame) in Julia’s Christmas Stocking Dynamic Duos™ release, along with fondant appliqués (30:07 – 39:51)
- Molded fondant buttons (39:52 – 41:33)
- Basic royal icing transfers (41:34 – 42:32)
- Dimensional cookie design (42:33 – 46:16)
- Cutting franken-cookies to avoid misshaping (46:17 – 48:20)
- 3-D sandwiched stocking assembly (48:21 – 53:01)
- Applying decorations to cookies, along with fondant ribbons (53:02 – 56:43)
- Closing remarks and presentation ideas (56:44 – 58:58)
Video Production: Two 5:7 North, August 2022
Julia’s Return Policy: Due to the online nature of this tutorial, all sales are final.
Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.