Overview: Take your cookie decorating to new heights – literally. In this demo at SoFlo Cake & Candy Expo 2023, Julia will design and decorate a dimensional mixed media cookie (or two or three!), perfect for springtime weddings and other elegant events. Get ready to learn a wide range of techniques that lend texture and interest to cookies, including contoured and embossed royal icing transfers, royal icing shards, modeling chocolate ribbons and bows, embossed and molded cookies, precision-control airbrushing, rubber-stamping, and more. (Though similar to the demo Julia will be doing at That Takes the Cake show earlier in the year, this demo will cover more territory, as it is twice as long.)
Skill Level: All levels; again, this event is a demo – the more, the merrier!
What You’ll Learn (~12 Techniques):
- Rubber-stamping on royal icing
- Stenciling and airbrushing on royal icing
- Precision-control airbrushing versus shading
- Royal icing shards and transfers, both standard and contoured
- Embossed royal icing
- Embossed cookies
- Molded cookies
- Spraying and sponging with edible luster dust
- Modeling chocolate ribbons and bows
- Application of dimensional elements (ribbons, bows, and compound cookies, aka cookie-on-cookie)
Schedule and Other Notes: Julia’s demonstration time will be on Sunday, April 30 from 9 to 10:30 am. To reserve a spot, click on the “LEARN MORE” button to be taken to the SoFlo event registration page. You must register for the event before you can progress to the list of classes, but, once there, just scroll down to Julia’s time slot on Sunday for more info and pricing; then follow further prompts to sign up.
More Project Photos: